Photo from google images
We all do it. Eat strange things or have a strange way of eating certain foods. Some people have to dip their sausage in syrup. Others like to dip their french fries in mayonnaise. Some of these things make people cringe they are so odd. But that's what's so wonderful about food. Everyone has different tastes. And different combinations of foods can make a person really happy or really freaked out.
Here are a few things I do that might get me thrown into a home for food weirdos.
1. I have to have an ice cube in my milk. Warm milk makes me want to puke. Sorry. I can't tell you how many comments I get about this quirky habit of mine. "You put ICE CUBES in your milk?????" As if it's really THAT strange. I put ice in my water, tea, soda, coffee, etc., why the hell is milk so strange?
2. When I eat a Kit-Kat, I remove all four sides of chocolate with my teeth first. Then, starting at the top of the Kit-Kat, I remove layer, after layer of the wafers until it's done.
3. I have my fear of other people's salads. For more on that, go here.
4. Sometimes when I chew gum, I split the piece in my mouth, so that each side gets to chew gum at once. I've always been a fan of sharing. Sharing with myself is no different.
5. If my mashed potatoes don't have gravy, I prefer to eat them mixed with corn, butter and salt and pepper. Something about this combination is just heavenly to me.
6. I like to peel the skin off my garlic by hand. I know it's easier to smash it and then just rip off the skin, but I don't like to do it this way. I like to do it my way. So the next time we're cooking in my kitchen and I'm taking forever with the garlic...shut the hell up and deal with it.
7. I feel extremely victorious when I peel an orange in one long peel, without it ripping. I find Clementine's to be the easiest to accomplish this feat.
8. When my sister and I were little girls, we used to dip white bread into A-1 sauce for a snack. I used to also love peanut butter, mustard and pickle sandwiches.
9. I am a serial dipper. I love to dip food into sauces. Blue cheese dressing, Italian dressing, Louisiana hot sauce, Sriracha, homemade honey mustard sauce...you name it. And yes, I love french fries dipped in chocolate milkshakes.
10. If something has ridges...say a Ruffle...I will eat each ridge individually. Keeps me from eating 100 chips in one setting too...this one has an upside.
11. I do minor surgery on my meat before I eat it. Mostly chicken. I don't mind biting into gristle on a steak, but biting into something odd in a piece of chicken has been known to make me gag into my napkin. At the table. Fancy restaurants and all.
12. I hate cheesecake. It tastes like the smell of puke to me. This one also has an upside, an upside for my ass.
13. I prefer to wash down popcorn with a glass of chocolate milk. Great combination of flavors.
14. I used to dip pretzel rods in milk before eating them. Yummmmy.
You know you have them too. What are they??